RETURN TO TRAINING – COVID 19 REQUIREMENTS – AMENDED
The committee has finished the process of completing and submitting documents for council requirements for a restart and, as of Wednesday 11th, we have been approved to recommence training.
It has also been an incredibly stressful time for many of us. I hope that you all have been able to remain safe during this period. When training recommences, the Branch needs to have a procedure in place to fulfill all Government and Council Covid-19 requirements to commence training.
There will be a staged over time return to training to meet current Government/Council guidelines regarding number allowed at the time for outside training facilities like ours.
Our priority at this moment is new members, puppies, and Class 1. Other Classes will be introduced slowly over time. Once we have trained for a few Sundays, we will be able to assess numbers and possibly invite other classes to return – please check Facebook, website, etc. regularly.
Class times have changed to ensure the Branch activities accord with Government guidelines
Class Duration—30 minutes.
Numbers – 10 per group (4 groups on the ground at one time – spaced out accordingly)
9.30 am-10.00 am New members and puppies
10.30am-11.00am Class 1
11.30am-12.00noon Class 2
NOTE: New members need to arrive from 8.30 am and the latest 9.20 am.
Other members are not to arrive more than 15 minutes before the scheduled class time eg Class Time 10.30 am—arrive at 10.15 am.
MANDATORY PRE-TRAINING REGISTRATION:
- Pre-booking is MANDATORY to attend classes whilst COVID restrictions are in place. No bookings will be accepted after 3 pm the Saturday before training.
- Bookings can be made by following the link https://western.gsdcv.org.au/training/register/, or only if you have a problem online – contact Sue on 0418 170 120.
- New members are required to email, our secretary, Lyn Pickering, at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to training to request a membership form to be sent to you. This is to be completed and emailed to Ros, our membership officer (Ros will send details to you with paperwork). This must then be emailed back to her by the Saturday before training at the latest. Please note – You will still need to book online as well.
- Copy of vaccination certificate to be given/shown to Ros. (No originals please – paper or photograph on phone is efficient). New members, if you do have a pedigree certificate, please bring a copy.
In accordance with DHHS/Government requirements, members are informed that correct mask-wearing is mandatory.
If a member does not have a mask, members will not be permitted to participate in training activities and will be directed to return home by a committee member. The club will not provide any masks.
ARRIVAL FOR TRAINING:
- There will be no training charges for the rest of this year.
- Please ensure you wear your Name Tag – this is a must.
- You must wear a correctly fitted face mask covering your nose and mouth.
- All attendees must register for contact tracing purposes. This will be done by:
- Scanning your membership card into the Branch training activity hub, or
- the QR system set up by the Branch.
- To complete the QR scan you are required to select Camera on your mobile phone and hold it pointing at the QR code. The phone automatically links to the tracer website where you enter your name and phone number.
- Only one handler and dog are permitted on the ground.
- Vehicles are to be parked in the road-side car parks. Family members attending with handlers, other than junior handlers, are to remain off the training ground. The only entry to the ground will be via the committee/instructor car park. This means you cannot walk straight onto the ground from the car – you need to use the footpath to access this car park. Everyone will be required to sanitise their hands at the point of entry with the provided sanitiser.
- Temperature checks will be conducted to ensure the safety of all. If any person is unwell, they will be asked to leave. Remember: If you feel unwell – please DO NOT attend training.
- Handlers are to observe the social distancing rules whilst waiting to register. Registration will be contactless.
- Please ensure social distancing between handlers if your dogs are interacting/playing.
- Members must not share dog treats or poo bags. If you need poo bags or treats, see Stacy at the equipment table.
- The canteen will not be opened at this present time, so Members are requested to bring their own refreshments if needed.
- Once registered, handlers must move to the allocated area for their class and assemble at that witch’s hat. You must always maintain the 1.5-metre social distance whilst waiting for the class to begin and during class.
- You must leave the training grounds as soon as possible after the training class is finished – so we can allow the following class to assemble. Congregating of groups on the grounds and car park is not permitted.
Toilets will be accessed via the front door and exited via the hallway door near the toilet.
END OF TRAINING:
- Each class will run for 30 minutes. At the 25-minute mark, the CI will blow the horn to indicate training is almost finished.
- Your Instructor will guide you to the path on the side of the clubrooms (side door) and back to the on-road parking. This is to ensure we adhere to government directions regarding entry and exit points.
- The Equipment table will be open and will work on a numbering system. Again, please remember social distancing.
We thank you for your understanding and your cooperation in these unprecedented times.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask a committee member or instructor.